TENGALAN FISH - Malaysian Indigenous Fish
An omnivore. In pond culture, they easily take in formulated pelleted feed and other diets. Table below indicates of diets easily accepted by this species.
( Please refer the graph for "Acceptance rating of various diets fed" )
- Growth Rate | Life Cycle | Growth
High growth rate (Cultured): (to 1 kg in first year and 2-3 kg in subsequent years)
- May attain a length greater than 50cm and 9kg in native range
- Record wild size: 8 kg. : Sg Perak (Bersia Lake)
- Record Cultured size: 11kg
- Angling record: 4 kg (unofficial): Sg Perak.
- Longevity typically 5-9 years in native range
Back To Blog